At Rx Worldwide Meetings, Inc. ("RxWW"), we want to be sure you are knowledgeable about and comfortable with how we handle your personal information. This policy explains how we collect, use, share and safeguard personal information collected through this website, as well as your role in protecting against loss of your privacy.
Please read this carefully, as your continued use of the website is evidence that you have consented to the terms below.
1. What information is collected by RxWW via this website?
Information about you
We actively collect personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, mailing address and other information as defined by applicable federal, state or local law. We may also collect sensitive personal information relating to individual health concerns, to ensure meals and/or hotel room arrangements to accommodate those concerns.
Information about your computer
We passively collect information about your computer, such as your Internet domain name, IP address, type of browser your computer is using, the date and time of your visit, and the page(s) you visited on our website. This is done automatically using a variety of tools, including cookies, server log files and other forms of navigational data collection, such as pixel tags and web beacons.
2. What is RxWW's purpose in collecting this information?
The personal information collected from you is used to respond to your request for RxWW's services, to determine your satisfaction with those services and to customize our future interactions to meet your needs. The information about your computer is used to continually improve the way in which we serve you, to obtain information for marketing analysis and to identify trends.
3. What if I don't want you to passively collect information about my computer?
4. Are you guaranteeing that my communications with RxWW via the website are 100% secure?
No. There is no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. We do not ensure or otherwise warrant the security of information you provide. We do use tools that are commercially available to secure our systems, vigilantly monitor them and adopt new and better tools as they become available. Also, we cannot vouch for the privacy measures of other websites, should you visit them via a link from our website. Our provision of hyperlinks is for your convenience and does not imply that RxWW endorses or has an association with the linked sites.
5. Will you share my personal or computer information with others?
Your personal information may be shared with our business partners, such as air and ground travel and hotel service providers, in order to fulfill your online registration request for those services. These business partners are not permitted to use the information for any purpose other than to fulfill your request and we require them to comply with our confidentiality policies. Your computer information, which does not identify you personally, will be aggregated with the information on other website users for analysis, which may be done by RxWW or by a subcontractor. Your information will not be sold but may be released if the disclosure is required by law, in the event of a corporate sale, merger or similar event, or our systems administrators need to access the information as part of an investigation into technical problems (e.g., spider, bot, and worm), vandalizing, or other misuse of the RxWW website.
6. Can I instruct you not to share my personal information with others? Can I change my mind? Can I change my information?
Yes. You can decide not to provide your personal information to us at all. If you do provide it, you can opt out of the information being forwarded to third parties by contacting RxWW at 214-291-2920.
7. What does RxWW do to limit access to the website by children?
Our website is intended for use by adults and is not structured to attract children. We do not directly seek children as users of our services, nor do we indirectly appeal to them by using animated characters or similar attractions. Persons under the age of 13 should not submit their personal information, or the personal information of their family or friends, via the website. If you believe your child has provided personal information via our website, please contact us and we will remove the information from our systems.
8. What is RxWWís Safe Harbor Certification?
RxWW has certified its compliance with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. The Safe Harbor program permits organizations in the United States to commit to uphold certain privacy and security standards that are, in some ways, stricter than current U.S. requirements. In exchange for doing so, the European Commission and the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland recognize participating organizations as having adequate privacy and security controls to permit the receipt of personal data pertaining to EU and Swiss residents. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view RxWWís certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
All RxWW employees are required to uphold the Safe Harbor standards for personal data that RxWW collects from meeting attendees who are residents of the European Union, Switzerland or Canada. The Safe Harbor Privacy Principles that RxWW has agreed to uphold for its meeting attendees are:
- Notice - RxWW, in collaboration with the organizations that retain us for meeting planning activities, inform meeting attendees about (i) the purposes for which we collect and use their personal data, (ii) how they can contact RxWW with any inquiries or complaints; (iii) the types of third parties that we may share their information with; and (iv) the means we offer to limit the use and disclosure of personal data.
- Choice - RxWW give meeting attendees the choice to refuse to provide their personal data in connection with RxWWís meeting planning activities, as well as the right to choose whether they personal data will be provided to third parties. (RxWW does not use the personal data collected for any purpose other than in connection with the meeting planning activities of the companies that retain RxWW for meeting planning purposes.
- Onward Transfer (to third parties) - Prior to transferring meeting attendeesí personal data to third parties, such as air and ground travel and hotel service providers, we require those third parties to agree to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
- Access - The information you provide as part of attending an RxWW-hosted meeting will be accessible to you, via the RxWW website, from the time you enter it until approximately two weeks after the conclusion of the meeting. To protect your privacy, third party access to the information via the website is blocked at that time, but you may always write to RxWW at the address below to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, or to obtain a copy of information held about you. There are certain limitations on this right, consistent with applicable laws.
- Security - RxWW has implemented reasonable safeguards to protect the personal data of meeting attendees from loss, misuse, improper disclosure, destruction or alteration.
- Data Integrity - RxWW asks only for information that is relevant to your intended purpose in visiting our website and using our services. RxWW takes reasonable steps to ensure information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
- Enforcement - RxWW will address any violations of its Safe Harbor standards in a manner consistent with the violation. This may include, for example, disciplinary action or termination of employees, termination or adjustment of agreements with third parties, and adoption of additional remediation measures. In addition, RxWW conducts periodic self-assessments to ensure continuing compliance with the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles.
- Individuals may raise concerns by contacting Michael E. Johnson (EVP, COO) by telephone at 214-291-2920 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org and the matter will be investigated promptly in an attempt to resolve the concern to the satisfaction of the complainant. If the matter cannot be resolved in this way, RxWW contracts with an independent dispute resolution service provider.
Where do I go for additional information about privacy or to report a concern?
If you have any comments or questions, we want to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com and/or phone Michael Johnson at 214-291-2920.
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised, notify us right away. We utilize an independent, third-party dispute resolution service to process privacy complaints, as part of our program to ensure compliance with Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and remedy of your concerns.
Due to continuing changes in the legal, practical, and technical aspects of protecting your privacy, this policy will be updated periodically. Please check back here from time to time, especially before you provide your personal information via the website, so that you are always up to date on this important issue.
This policy was last updated on 04-22-2011.